Wednesday 22 January 2014

Giorgio - From Here To Eternity

Fresh from the futuristic sound of Donna Summer's I Feel Love, her producer Giorgio Moroder carried on the sounds of the synthesizer and produced this sizeable hit from 1977. It was released in September 1977 and reached number 16 in the UK charts. The single was mixed down from a 6 minute album track to produce this single version which was big in the discos along with Donna's single!

The track isn't really remembered that much, I hardly ever hear of people talking about it but it seems the album it came off (named after the single) seems to have been such an influential album in late 70's electronic music. It was one of the first electronic tracks I had heard (along with I Feel Love, Kraftwerk's Autobahn and Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene) and it is what really got me into the sounds of synths and electronic music, that is why I still really love this single. Try and listen to it if you can! Here's the scan of the single

No comments:

Post a Comment