Tuesday 27 November 2012

The Cars - My Best Friend's Girl

I still really really enjoy listening to this single after all these years! American band The Cars released this track about a guy who sees his best friend with a new girlfriend and that girl used to be his girl, in October 1978 and slowly climbed the charts to a final position of number 3. This new wave track also had the award of being the first available picture disc released here and vanished off the shelves straight away. It would be a few years later before I managed to get a copy of it.

I remember being bought a new stereo for Christmas in 1978 plus a new pair of headphones and had some money to buy some new records and I bought this single and was the first new single I played on that record player, memories eh! So here is the single, plus the picture disc of the track!

No comments:

Post a Comment