Friday 28 September 2012

Soft Cell - Torch

A single that is number 2 on my all time favourite list, originally came out in the spring of 1982 and also reached number 2 in the charts. To me, the best version of the track is the 12'' version, the full 10 minutes of amazing lyrics, great tune and even female vocals from their then drug dealer, Cindy Extasty! I read that all Soft Cell's singles, were actually recorded as full 12'' extended versions and the 7'' version would be edited from the finished track which I think is a really good idea of how to record a track. Usually remixes in those days would just have an instrumental bit added in somewhere for effect. Another one of those impulse buys, I never heard the song before but had bought the last single, played this and loved it ever since. It's a shame really that this doesn't get the plays or gets picked for compilation albums, it's always seems to be Tainted Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment