Tuesday 4 September 2012

Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill

This single was released in 1985 and got to number 3 which was an amazing feat seeing the last single she had released in 1982 had flopped. The Dreaming which was the album from 1982 was a strange album, some said it was her "she's finally lost it" album. So it was to be 3 years before any new product and this ended up being her biggest hit since her debut single Wuthering Heights back in 1978. Originally it was to be called A Deal With God but EMI said that if she wanted to have a worldwide hit she couldn't have any reference to God as religious countries just wouldn't have played it. Seeing the problems she had with the last album she had to agree with them and decide on the title Running Up That Hill.

It came off the album Hounds Of Love which to me is an amazing album, one I still play a lot and enjoy every listen to!

Up to the release of this single, I was never a big Kate Bush fan, I liked the odd single but for some reason I bought this without ever hearing the track, think it might have been the hype of the new release that interested me. I remember I had been out for a drink the night before so when I went and got the single I was still hungover, went home and put the single on and the first play was all I needed, well I remember playing it over and over that day! Since then I bought every thing she had released and became a huge fan. The song was remixed recently to be included in the closing ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics and got to number 6 on downloads.

No comments:

Post a Comment