Sunday 9 February 2014

Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)

This gem of a soul single was released in 1973 and sold over a million copies in the states and got to number 3 on the BIllboard chart but for some reason didn't get a UK release until 1974. The song was co written by Stevie Wonder in 1967 but he never released it himself until 1977. A song of someone waiting for their lover to return back to them, has the unmistakable notes of Aretha over it and it reached number 26 here but has become one of Aretha's most well known tracks.

To be honest, I'm not a huge Aretha Franklin fan, I think she wails and screeches too much for me, but on this track and another one of my Faves, Don't Play That Song, are tracks I still often play.

No comments:

Post a Comment