Sunday 24 February 2013

Rolf Harris - Two Little Boys

Ok, I wasn't so sure if I should put this on here without it looking like the blog is turning silly, but to keep it true to me, this is from my childhood and I still think it is a really really good song. I remember my Mother playing this to me when I was a young child, it came out in late 1969 and I will have been 6 years old and the song was the first number 1 of the 1970's. I don't know what happened to our original copy of this single, but mine came off Ebay.

Rolf Harris heard the song when he was in America doing a tour. The song itself is about two brothers who grow up together and end up fighting in the American Civil War, it was wrote in the early 1900's and is a very emotional song, listen to the lyrics, never mind it is Rolf singing. He asked his then TV producer on the BBC to do an arrangement of the song on his show, the reaction to the song was enough for Rolf to record it as a single. To be honest, I really like Rolf Harris but I think over the years a lot of people think he became a bit of laughing stock. Here's the single

No comments:

Post a Comment