Wednesday 23 January 2013

Goldfrapp - Rocket

This track was released in March 2010 and up to now, is the last single I have bought as a physical release. The shops stopped selling CD Singles and I don't think the companies release that many singles as a physical release anymore, anyhow I digress!

Goldfrapp have been around for several years and their releases have progressed album by album, from the soundtrack sounding first album to the album this came off straight pop music. Rocket from the first notes sounds so 80's, the keyboards remind me of Jump by Van Halen (not a bad thing I might add) and I also think it reminds me of Olivia Newton John's Physical (in my head it does, humour me please) but is such a great piece of pop music. The single didn't do that well in the UK, it managed a top 50 place but the album it came off, Head First hit the top 10. The CD release featured several remixes of the track, all good too! The band are in the studio recording new material so I can't wait to hear that!

No comments:

Post a Comment